Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Kale Chips

I’ve always liked greens, and made them the “usual” way, slow cooked with broth, red pepper flake, garlic, and bacon / ham.

However, once I got started on green smoothies, it was clear to see greens could be used in a lot more ways than the way I’ve been making them. 

Another way is by simply baking them into chips!  Kale seems to work the best for this.  Simply clean the greens, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake until crisp.  Eat and enjoy while consuming minimal calories!  Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like eating buttery movie popcorn, but the salty almost nutty flavor and crisp bite of the kale can definitely take the edge off salty cravings!

DSCN0888

DSCN0890

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I've wanted to try these for the longest time...will have to soon!