Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Inspired by pesto Broccoli Spread!

Over the weekend, I experimented with a few healthy recipes and one of my favorites was a broccoli spread.  First, I steamed a head of broccoli.  In a sauté pan, I then put the broccoli with some grated yellow onion, a clove of garlic, a drizzle of olive oil, and a handful of edamame for just a very few minutes.  Into the food processor the mixture went with a dash of salt and pepper.  Perfect to use like a pesto – on pasta, pizza, bruschetta, or a great potato topper!

DSCN3363

3 comments:

shayla. said...

mmm looks good! thanks for sharing :)

b e a t r i c e said...

Nice blog and post! I think I will be here more often, I'm your new follower!
Don't forget to check out my blog&facebook&youtube!

Paris said...

Looks delicious!

Peace, love, and good Chocolate.

www.CharcoalAlley.com
instagram: @CharcoalAlley

<3 PARIS